When reviewing the looks and details of fashion in 2011, bigger did seem to be better this year. Fortunately, at the Shoe Design Studio, you can design a shoe to go with any style!
Truly a new year in every sense including fashion and accessories, 2012 is looking a bit different. Bright colors are making way for pastels, and have been dropped to merely accent status when it comes to accessories for the coming year.
Pretty pale pinks paired with shimmering silvers are taking over bags and jewelry this spring, weaving the colors and textures together. The hand-held clutch is the “it” bag of the coming season.
This spring, choose a long waist belt that wraps around you multiple times. Wear these belts in color, using bright shades to complement an outfit rather than frame it.
Hair pieces will be very much in focus this year. Look for oversized hair clips with lots of detail, and in feminine designs and shapes. Thin alice bands in pastel shades and subtle, bronzed metallic will be popular this year, too.
The theme and tone for accessories this year is pretty, feminine and subtle. That doesn’t mean it has to look understated – mix up statement colors and layer lots of pieces for a more intense look.
Delicate is in, so choose accessories that are graceful, soft and accentuate the feminine.
Just wanted to share this week’s “Designer of the Week,” Rina, who submitted this lovely red and black open-toed pump with a strap.
This shoe could definitely work with evening wear or at the office.
What would you create if you could design your own shoes? Well you can! Just head over to The Shoe Design Studio now, and design your very own custom footwear today.
Then submit your design each week through our site tool at The Shoe Design Studio and we will feature the winning shoe design each Friday on Facebook. It’s so much fun, and we’re seeing some really unique and lovely designs. Then order your new shoes to be carefully crafted by one of our custom footwear artists for a fraction of the cost of designer shoes. The best part is they are ALL yours!
Happy Holidays!! This festive season, we want to get to know you – our fans! …
So we’re asking you to show off your holiday spirit by sharing your happy moments and good cheer with us here at The Shoe Design Studio for the chance to win the OPI Holiday 2011 Mini Collection set! To enter, simply post a full body photo of yourself in your holiday outfit on our Facebook wall and give a short description of where you’ll be going or what you’ll be doing this holiday!
That’s it! You’re entered to win! The entry with the most ‘LIKES’ wins OPI’s Holiday 2011 set!
Contest ends 30th November 2011.
Happy holidays everyone! We can’t wait to see how gorgeous you’re going to look!
There are so many reasons why you should create your own custom made pair of shoes at The Shoe Design Studio. You can express your own personal style, create a work of art for your feet, and do both for a much lower price than you would have to pay for a pair of shoes designed by someone who doesn’t know you nearly as well as you know yourself.
But were you aware that there are solid medical reasons for having shoes custom made to your own measurements? We wanted to share this medical information provided by MedicineNet.com, a website filled with great information created by physicians.
Wearing comfortable shoes that fit well can prevent many foot ailments and they have provided ten tips for getting a proper shoe fit:
- The size of your feet changes as you grow older so always have your feet measured before buying shoes. The best time to measure your feet is at the end of the day when your feet are largest.
- Most of us have one foot that is larger than the other, so fit your shoe to your larger foot.
- Don’t select shoes by the size marked inside the shoe but by how the shoe fits your foot.
- Select a shoe that is shaped like your foot.
- During the fitting process, make sure there is enough space (3/8″ to 1/2″) for your longest toe at the end of each shoe when you are standing up.
- Make sure the ball of your foot fits comfortably into the widest part of the shoe.
- Don’t buy shoes that feel too tight and expect them to stretch to fit.
- Your heel should fit comfortably in the shoe with a minimum amount of slipping – the shoes should not ride up and down on your heel when you walk.
- Walk in the shoes to make sure they fit and feel right. Then take them home and spend some time walking on carpet to make sure the fit is a good one.
- The upper part of the shoes should be made of a soft, flexible material to match the shape of your foot. Shoes made of leather can reduce the possibility of skin irritations. Soles should provide solid footing and not be slippery. Thick soles cushion your feet when walking on hard surfaces. Low-heeled shoes are more comfortable, safer, and less damaging than high-heeled shoes.
So head over to our site today and get designing! Not only will you be creating shoes that are unique and stylish, you will be doing the very best thing you can for your feet and your body!
Welcome to our blog for ShoeDesignStudio.com!
ShoeDesignStudio.com is your online destination for custom-fitted and designed shoes. Using the tools we provide you on our fashion-forward website, you can choose the shape, style, heel height, materials and colors of your next fabulous pair of designer shoes.
Not only are our shoes hand made to fit your feet beautifully, there are more colors, fabrics and material choices than you can imagine available right at your fingertips. Just measure your feet according to our instructions, create your new shoes, order and they’ll soon be delivered to your doorstep.
We take special care to make certain we are meeting your needs and satisfying your fashion cravings, and all at very affordable prices, just a fraction of what you’d be charged if you custom-ordered shoes from a footwear designer.
We invite you to take a closer look at our website, www.shoedesignstudio.com today and begin your journey to designing the shoes of your dreams!